November 19-November 25, 2023
Welcome to the second edition of the Justin Fabric newsletter! We're delighted to share the latest updates from our shop and bring you some meaningful content for the week.
📅 Holidays and Events 📅
National Family Week: 19-25
19 World Toilet Day - “Ode to the Commode”
20 Absurdity Day - Be silly, Say nonsensical things, Embrace the ridiculous
21 World Hello Day - Greet at least 10 people (preferably strangers)
22 Go For a Ride Day - Where are you going?
23 National Cashew Day - Thanksgiving
24 Black Friday - Shop until you drop, or avoid it completely?
Shop: 🎉 Exciting news! Our Pre-Black Friday Sale on fabric is here! Enjoy 20-40% off on almost all in-stock yardage. Keep checking in, as more deals are added throughout the week. The only exclusions are pre-orders and most Lori Holt fabrics.
🥗 Healthy Activity, Tip & Recipe 🥗
Easy Exercise for a Quilting Break:
🏋️♀️ Quilter's Stretch Break: Take a break from your quilting station and indulge in a quick stretch to refresh both body and mind.
- Stand up straight and extend your arms overhead.
- Interlace your fingers, palms facing upward.
- Lean gently to one side, holding the stretch for 15 seconds.
- Return to the center and lean to the opposite side for another 15 seconds.
- For a lower back stretch, sit on the edge of your chair, cross one ankle over the opposite knee, and gently lean forward.
These simple stretches help alleviate tension, promote circulation, and prevent stiffness during those long quilting sessions.🪡 Quilting tip: Quilting is meant to be enjoyable! If you ever feel overwhelmed, take a moment to step away – everything will be alright. Remember, mastering a new skill takes time, so allow yourself to make mistakes and grow from them. Take a deep breath and relish the creative journey.
🍹Hydration Recipe: Stay refreshed during long quilting sessions with this Hydration Boost recipe: Pineapple, Coconut, and Lime Infused Water. Find the recipe below.
Pineapple, Coconut, and Lime Infused Water:
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup ice cubes (optional)
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup coconut chunks, fresh or frozen
- 1 lime thinly sliced
- In a large pitcher, place the pineapple, coconut, and lime.
- Add ice and fill the container with water (6-8 cups total).
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When serving, add additional fruit or herbs to garnish if desired.
- Storage: Leave fruits, vegetables, and fresh herbs in water for up to 24 hours. After that, remove them and store the infused water in the refrigerator for up to 3 more days (4 days total).
- Make ahead: Infuse water the night before a party for maximum flavor.
- Sparkling option: Use plain sparkling water for a fizzy pick-me-up in place of soda or a cocktail.
🥙Food Recipe: Celebrate National Cashew Day with this mouthwatering 20 Minute Garlic Butter Cashew Chicken. Bon appétit!
🦃 Thanksgiving Printable: Enjoy the Fall Harvest I Spy printable designed to engage all ages. Print and share as you wish—no age limit for joining the fun! Page 3 serves as the answer key. Print multiple copies of pages 1 and 2, and feel free to laminate for use with dry erase markers. Enjoy the excitement of spotting fall harvest images! 🍂🔍 I Spy Fall Harvest!
🥮Special Thanksgiving Message🍃:
🍁 A Gratitude Quilt of Thanks: In the spirit of Thanksgiving, let's create a virtual quilt of gratitude. Share what you're thankful for in the quilting community or any personal highlights.
How to Participate:
- Comment on our social media post or reply to this newsletter with a snippet of what you're grateful for.
- Use #QuiltOfThanks in your response.
- We'll compile your messages into a special "Gratitude Quilt" feature an upcoming newsletter.
Let's express our thanks for the joy of quilting and the wonderful community that makes it all the more special. Wishing you a quilt full of gratitude this Thanksgiving season! 🧵🍂