November 5th - November 11th 2023
Here's a glimpse of this week's highlights: we'll provide noteworthy dates to mark on your calendar (ranging from special occasions to intriguing events), offer tips and suggestions, unveil a fresh recipe, and present our special of the week!
📅 Holidays and Events 📅
🎖Honoring Veterans Day 🪖
Host a Quilting Event: Bring together loved ones to create quilts for veterans, spreading warmth and appreciation through your craft.
Fly the Flag: Display the American flag proudly to show your respect for those who have served and continue to serve.
Reflect and Thank: Veterans Day is a time to express gratitude to those currently serving or who have served and are still with us.
🥗 Healthy Activity, Tip & Recipe 🥗
Activity: 🌿Take a Nature Walk 🌳 - Immerse yourself in the beauty of nature. It's a refreshing way to clear your mind and get inspired for your next quilting project. If walking or going outdoors is not an option, spend time near a window admiring the beauty of the world we live in!
Hydration: Hydration is important for living but even more so quilters, as it is for anyone engaged in any activity. Here are some reasons why staying properly hydrated is important for quilters:
- Maintains Cognitive Function: Quilting often requires focus, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills. Staying hydrated helps maintain optimal cognitive function, ensuring that quilters can make precise decisions and execute their designs accurately.
- Improves Physical Endurance: Quilting can be a surprisingly physical activity, especially for those working on larger projects or with heavier fabrics. Adequate hydration helps sustain physical endurance, reducing the risk of fatigue or muscle cramps during extended quilting sessions.
- Enhances Fine Motor Skills: Quilting involves intricate hand movements and fine motor skills. Proper hydration ensures that joints and muscles are functioning optimally, enabling quilters to work with precision and dexterity.
- Prevents Headaches and Fatigue: Dehydration can lead to headaches, which can be distracting and hinder concentration. Staying well-hydrated helps ward off headaches and keeps energy levels stable, allowing quilters to work comfortably for longer periods.
- Maintains Overall Health and Well-being: Hydration is essential for the overall health and well-being of the body. It helps regulate body temperature, supports the circulatory system, aids in digestion, and facilitates the transport of nutrients to cells.
- Promotes Creativity and Focus: Proper hydration supports optimal brain function, which is crucial for maintaining creativity and focus while quilting. It ensures that quilters can think clearly and bring their creative ideas to life.
Remember to take regular breaks, stretch, and stay hydrated while quilting. It's a creative endeavor that can be incredibly fulfilling, but it's important to take care of your body and mind along the way. Some of us are known to push our limits. 🤪
Hydration recipe: 🥒 Cucumber Lemon Water
Food Recipe: 🍲 Mediterranean White Bean Soup -
Packed with nutrients, this comforting soup will keep you energized for hours of quilting.
A healthy body and mind fuel creativity! Please prioritize you!
Landscapes 2020 Collection by Whistler Studios